Williams Brothers Construction Company is a Houston-based firm that was founded in 1955 by J.K. Williams, C.K. Williams and J.D. (Doug) Pitcock, Jr. In the following year, the Interstate Highway Act was signed into law by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. The Williams brothers were bought out in 1964 and 1984, respectively, leaving Doug Pitcock as the sole shareholder. Since 1998, the company has been in the process of converting to an employee-owned corporation.
The company has performed all of its work under the open, competitive bid process, with 95% of that work done for its principal client, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Williams Brothers has completed over 350 projects with a total value of over 2 billion dollars making it one of the largest highway contractors in the United States as well as the largest in Texas. In 1998 and 1999, Williams Brothers was recognized as the largest federal aid highway contractor in the U.S.